tosgood

'Bring the child here to me': The Journey to Madelyn

A diary of our experiences meeting and getting to know our adopted daughter.

Guangzhou-The Final Leg of the Journey

A couple of days ago we arrived in the southern port city of Guangzhou to complete our adoption journey. Here Madelyn will receive a medical evaluation, and receive her U.S. passport as part of the final step for her to become an American! We are ecstatic at this thought, knowing we will soon have her home forever. But at the same time, we've been living out of suitcases for two weeks so we're dragging a little.

Complicating things as well is that Madelyn had begun vomiting her food on multiple occasions, and we were concerned enough to take her to a doctor. We received some medications, and the past 24 hours have been better. It's a reminder for us that her medical condition still needs to be fleshed out when we return home so that we can create the best possible situation for her to thrive.

Last night we had a chance to take a Pearl River cruise and view the magnificent architecture of Guangzhou, including Canton Tower--the 5th largest structure in the world. Check out some pictures at thomasosgood.smugmug.com.